  • Subject: RE: Client Access crashes
  • From: Lamart@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Jul 1998 18:04:52 -0700

Yes, I have the same problems.  I just got a brand new IBM 600 Thinkpad with
a 3com PCMCIA network card.  I installed Microsoft Office 97 and
rebooted/restarted the system a number of times just fine!  I then installed
CA 3.1.3.  At the end on the install CA wanted to reboot my system.  When I
pressed the "OK" button my system hung at the Win95/Win98 logo (I tried both
Win95 and Win98!).  Each time I tried to shutdown I got anyone of a list of
error msg(s):

1.      MSOffice caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at
015f:bff8836d
2.      Deamon caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at
015f:bff8836d
3.      Irmon caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at
015f:bff8836d
4.      Explorer caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at
015f:bff8836d
5.      Systray caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at
015f:bff8836d
6.      Findfast caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at
015f:bff8836d
7.      cwbbs Findfast caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL
at 015f:bff8836d
8.      cwbnpred Findfast caused an invalid page fault in module
KERNEL32.DLL at 015f:bff8836d

Take your pick!  I lost count (over 10 times) how many times I formatted the
hard drive and started over.  Even without Office 97 installed on the laptop
I would still get the cwbbs and cwbnpred errors.  If you find an answer
please let me know!  I tried it with the last service pack and 3.1.3 raw.
Good luck.

Lamar Thomas
Lamart@aldon.com <mailto:Lamart@aldon.com>