  • Subject: RE: RUNRMTCMD
  • From: Buck Calabro <mcalabro@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Jul 1998 10:47:09 -0400

On Thursday, July 16, 1998 8:25 AM, Gary Lehman
[SMTP:Gary_Lehman@mail.mchcp.org] wrote:
> Yes the daemon is running on the PC.  However, I have to do it manually
> and
> the commands I'm trying to run don't seem to execute, even though it
> tells
> me the command ran successfully.

Gary,
  Any output from the command will be put into a spooled file on the 400.
 Also, the daemon window will have a record of what happened.  Here are
the exact steps I take to run commands on my PC from my 400:

1. Open a DOS window from W95
2. cwbrxd
The daemon window (this one) shows:
IBM AS/400 Client Access for Windows 95/NT
Version 3  Release 1  Level 3
TCP/IP Remote Command Server
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation and Others 1984, 1995.  All rights reserved.
U.S. Government Users Restricted Rights - Use, duplication or disclosure
  restricted by GSA ADP Schedule Contract with IBM Corp.
Licensed Materials - Property of IBM

CWBAR1007 - Client Access CWBRXD has been started.

3. On the AS/400, RUNRMTCMD CMD(DIR)
          RMTLOCNAME(BUCK *IP)
          RMTUSER(BUCK)
          RMTPWD(MyW95Password)
   Note that my PC is in the AS/400 host table as BUCK.  CFGTCP, option
10.
   The PC daemon window shows:

Ran the following remote command from user BUCK on system AS400COM: 'DIR'

4. On the AS/400, WRKSPLF.  I have a spooled file named QSYSPRT that
contains the directory listing.  The first few lines are:

 Volume in drive C has no label
 Volume Serial Number is 3A39-1205
 Directory of C:\WINDOWS
.              <DIR>        04-13-98 11:12a .
..             <DIR>        04-13-98 11:12a ..
SYSTEM         <DIR>        04-13-98 11:12a SYSTEM
COMMAND        <DIR>        04-13-98 11:12a COMMAND
HELP           <DIR>        04-13-98 11:12a HELP
MSBATCH  INF         1,209  12-17-97 11:03a MSBATCH.INF
NETDET   INI         7,885  08-24-96 11:11a NETDET.INI

5. When I'm all done, I open another DOS window from W95
6. CWBRXDSD
   The daemon window shows
CWBAR1008 - Client Access CWBRXD is shutting down.
7. EXIT from the daemon window
8. EXIT from the stop daemon window

I am running Client Access V3R1M3, service pack level SF46891 on a TCP/IP
connection to a 620 running V4R2 at PFT level 98140.

Buck Calabro
Commsoft, Albany, NY
mailto:mcalabro@commsoft.net