• Subject: Re: AS/400 History
  • From: Jon Paris <paris@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 1998 18:46:44 -0400

>> My friend says it was 38, 36, 400.

Your friend is correct.  The 34 came out before the 38.  The 38 should have
been the natural evolution for the 34, but folks loved their 34s.
Subsequently,  the 36 was born.  Then the 400 came along as the replacement
for both 36 and 38.

And here we are 10 years later with our nice new e-series, and still the  36
users won't switch!!

Jon Paris - AS/400 AD Market Support - paris@ca.ibm.com
Phone: (416) 448-4019   -   Fax: (416) 448-4414
+---