  • Subject: Re: Web Serving with the AS400
  • From: David Morris <dmorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 1998 07:44:44 -0600

Rich,

I don't know why you get the port 80 not available message.  Your environment
is very similar to ours so I will go through the steps that have worked for me
in the past.  I usually create a connection to the AS/400 first.  I have done
this two ways in our environment.  The easiest is to use TCPIP.  The other way
I have done this is using the NS router.  That is much more involved.  To
configure a TCPIP connection I use the client access dialogs.  I start at the
AS/400 connections.  Right click on "primary environment", select new
connection.  I usually say "connect only" for the connection type.  After
entering the IP address, system and default user I start a connection to the
400.  After I have the connection I go to the windows explorer.  Then right
click on "my computer".   Select map network drive.   I see "Client Access
Network", then drill down to the folder that where I want to put my web
documents.  I then select that folder after checking the Reconnect at Logon
check box.  Each day when I log into NT I then get a reconnect mapped drive
prompt.

We use Homesite now but I have used Front Page in the past.  In either one I
went through the "File Open" dialogs to open an HTML file.  You can open the
document using your web connection, but if you try to save you will have to do
a save as and I have had it lock up at this point.  For that reason I now use
the file dialogs exclusively.

David Morris

>>> "Rich Garcia" <sys1rxg@is.ups.com> 06/23 3:34 PM >>>
I am currently at V4R2 with Cume Package C98083 on the AS400 and
Windows NT. Any help would be appreciated, though I have attempted to
map a drive to the AS400 and still receive the message that PORT 80 is
not being found.