  • Subject: Re: PC Sounds from AS/400
  • From: AlanPruitt@xxxxxxxxx (Alan Pruitt)
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jun 1998 15:24:52 -0400

 I agree this would fit the bill, but they seem like good sounds.  Now all I
need is someway for the AS/400 to trigger these sounds.  Right now the error is
coming up on a 5250 emulation window (DDS) before the HLLAPI application has
been triggered.  Thanks Danny, if I can find a way to make it work I will see
where
I can get a copy of this.
>I believe I still have a .wav file of Barney starting his little "I love you.
>You love me..." song  followed by automatic machine gun fire and finishing
>Beavis
>and Butthead saying "Oh, that's cool [laugh]".  I might also have the Beavis
>and
>Butthead version of Andy Rooney inquiring about the phrase "Taking a dump".
>None-the-less, all annoying!  Naturally this machine would need a sound card or
>something to play the wave file.
>Personally, I think the Barney, machine guns and Beavis and Butthead file would
>fit the bill perfectly!

Danny Mc?

Eric responds:
>Ok, is it a windows program that is getting the error? Does the PC display an
>>error dialogue? If it does you should be able to set the appropriate windows
>>sound event to some .wav that's annoying enough to get someone's attention.
>You >might have to experiment to find the appropriate sound event as there are
>>several that could be considered "error" events.  Alan asks:
>>This is a weird question, but its coming from our CIO so I have to come up
>with >>answer to why or why not this s/b done.  We have a PC on a
>manufacturing line >>that is unattended and has a HLLAPI program running on
>the PC that comes into >>play when a certain screen comes up on the PC.
>Sometime there is an error that >>happens before this screen that the HLLAPI
>program is monitoring that stops the >>application.  What they want is the PC
>to make, and I will quote the CIO "BAD >>SOUNDS".  We are using the Netsoft
>Package and not Client Access on this PC with
>>connectivity being TCP.
     Any suggestions, TIA.