  • Subject: RVCMSG not working for diagnostic messages.
  • From: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 1998 11:11:15 -0500

I have wrote a program that I am hoping will determine who has locked a file
and what corrective action we wish to take in the future.  I am having some
problems receiving diagnostic messages.

Below is the sample program that calls the program in question:
- - program TEST3751 - -
CLRSAVF    FILE(ROB)
SAVLIB     LIB(ROBSAVE) DEV(*SAVF) SAVF(ROB)
MONMSG     MSGID(CPF0000) EXEC(CALL PGM(CPF3751))

I lock a file within the library ROBSAVE by doing a simple UPDDTA on it.

I get the following messages within my joblog:
Save file ROB in library QGPL cleared.
Cannot allocate object for file DUH in ROBSAVE.
FILE DUH in ROBSAVE not saved.
1 objects were saved; 1 objects were not saved.

Details are:
MSGID    TYPE   SEV    FROM PGM      TO PGM
CPC3725  COMP    00    QSRCSAVF      TEST3751
CPF32B3  DIAG    40    QDBSVPRE      QDBSVPRE
CPF3741  DIAG    20    QSRVPRE       QSRVPRE
CPF3701  ESC     20    QSRSLCP       TEST3751

When I run the following program only the CPC3725 and the CPF3701 appear:
 - - program CPF3751 - -
             RCVMSG     PGMQ(*PRV (*)) MSGQ(*PGMQ) MSGTYPE(*NEXT) +
                          MSGKEY(*TOP) RMV(*NO) KEYVAR(&KEYVAR) +
                          MSGDTA(&DATA) MSGID(&MSGID) /* Start at +
                          top */
             IF         COND(&MSGID ¬= 'CPF3741')            +
                        THEN(GOTO CMDLBL(NEXT))
             GOTO       CMDLBL(DETAILS)
 NEXT:       RCVMSG     PGMQ(*PRV (*)) MSGQ(*PGMQ) MSGTYPE(*NEXT) +
                          MSGKEY(&KEYVAR) RMV(*NO) KEYVAR(&KEYVAR) +
                          MSGDTA(&DATA) MSGID(&MSGID)
             MONMSG     MSGID(CPF2410) EXEC(GOTO CMDLBL(JOBDONE)) +
                       /* No more messages. */
             IF         COND(&MSGID ¬= 'CPF3741')           +
                        THEN(GOTO CMDLBL(NEXT))
DETAILS:

Question:  How do I get the CPF3741?

Tangents I wish to ignore:  For reasons that probably don't make sense I don't
want to go into discussions as to why I don't use save while active, or ALCOBJ
on the library or objects in question.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Robert Berendt, CCP
Dept 01.073