Chuck Lewis wrote (in part):

>Well if you remember WAY BACK in the days of the FIRST AS/400's IBM was
>bragging (at least
>to all of us S/38 customers) that the new AS/400 had all of the cable
>"self-contained"...
>
>Dan, Dan "the can do anything" Man *snip* ALSO came up with the brilliant idea
>of running all of our local workstation controllers (6) up into the ceiling

Oh, the fun of trying to keep the cables 'neat and pretty.'  When we
started in our current computer room we ran the Twinax boxes under the same
row of tiles, then tie-wrapped them to the supports (and each other's
cables) to keep 'em under control.

Worked fine until we had to move the whole shebang to our 'other' computer.
*sigh*  What a mess!

If only someone would find a way to keep things from changing!  (:

Of course, once our network is in, most of the Twinax goes away.  Amazing
how few cables an Ethernet configuration uses!   ie, -=ONE=-   (:
(Yes, yes, the backup connection is a 2nd...)

--Paul E Musselman
PaulMmn@ix.netcom.com

+---