  • Subject: Important message regarding Client Access upgrade to V3R1M3
  • From: mcrump@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 12:54:18 -0500

FYI:

If you are not upgrading your Client Access for Windows 95/NT to V3R1M3,
please
disregard this note.

When upgrading from IBM AS/400 Client Access for Windows 95/NT
at version level V3R1M1 or V3R1M2 to version level V3R1M3,
a hang can occur in certain instances.  Information APAR II11175
describes the conditions that can cause this, the recovery, and the
circumvention.   You can get Information APAR II11175 either on the
Internet or through ECS or FDL.  Here's where you can see II11175
on the Internet:
    - Go to http://www.as400.ibm.com/clientaccess
    - Select "Information APARs" from the left menu
    - Select "Windows 95/NT Information APARs"
    - II11175 is under a section in the table called "Installation/Upgrade"

The Client Access team wanted to get this message out to
as many users as possible, so we are sending it to our Service Pack
notification distribution list.  I apologize to those of you who are on
more than one distribution list for different Mod levels and are,
therefore,
receiving multiple copies of this note.

Thank you!