  • Subject: RE: NO queries in QGPL please!!
  • From: Neil Palmer <npalmer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 17:45:39 -0600

Paul,

There's absolutely NO reason to be disappointed with AS/400 security
here.  There are many ways you can control access to a library - but
this is basically a user created problem - or non-problem.
So they store queries in QGPL, I could ask "so what ?".  Admittedly it
may be easier to manage if they were placed in a separate library, but
the fact they are in QGPL isn't really going to cause any problems,
release upgrades or otherwise.  IBM doesn't mess with user objects in
QGPL during release updates.  Now if you had changed a subsystem
desciption in QGPL that would be a different story, but you should
either make a copy of the changed object or have a CL program to rerun
after updates to reapply your changes.

Of course you could tell the users that is it the Garbage Pail Library,
and the truck comes around once a week and empties it !     :-)

Neil Palmer                                AS/400~~~~~
NxTrend Technology - Canada   ____________          ___  ~
Thornhill, Ontario,  Canada   |OOOOOOOOOO| ________  o|__||=
Phone: (905) 731-9000  x238   |__________|_|______|_|______)
Cell.: (416) 565-1682  x238    oo      oo   oo  oo   OOOo=o\
mailto:NPalmer@NxTrend.com    AS/400  The Ultimate Business Server
http://www.NxTrend.com