  • Subject: Re: compile question
  • From: Jromeh <Jromeh@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 19:12:46 EST

Dave Prowak asked...

>I successfully compiled a pgm and noticed this message at the bottom of the
>printout:

>PRM HAS BEEN CALLED.

>PROGRAM CDR503 IS PLACED IN LIBRARY HSGLIB.  00 HIGHEST SEVERITY.
>CREATED ON 03/14/98 AT 11:16:09.
>****** E N D   O F  C O M P I L A T I O N  ******
>* QRG1020    ERROR WRITING TO DATA AREA RETURN CODE.
>                    COMPILE STATUS NOT RECORDED.

>What caused this?  What does this mean?

Not sure whether read it or just figured it, but believe that this has
something to do with the ADM change management product, sort of like the
way the bottom of the F18=PDM preferences screen had/has some unlabeled
fields or extra space left unused for them. Perhaps if the machine has
ADM active and configured properly the "DATA AREA RETURN CODE" would be
present or updatable and ADM could tell whether the compile was
successful? If you want to look into it further, scan all manuals for the
QRG1020 msgid, also if you can find the message in a message file, check
it for a second level.

--Jerome

/* Jerome Hughes                        jromeh@aol.com                 */
/* InterPro Consulting Services         www.interproinc.com            */
/* Rosemont IL USA                      these are my own opinions only */
/* OMNI User Communications Director    www.omniuser.org               */
Spark's Law of Problem Solution: The chances of solving a problem decline
the closer you get to finding out who was the cause of the problem.
-- Gerald Weinberg, The Secrets of Consulting