  • Subject: RE: CODE/400
  • From: Chris Rehm <Mr.AS400@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 21:34:49 PDT

** Reply to note from Bob Crothers <bcrothers@netdirect.net> Wed, 11 Mar 1998
07:26:17 -0000

> Just my 2 cents, Code/400 is a replacement for SEU.  And will
> work with ANY of the AS/400 languages.  Including RPG, but also
> ILE/C, Cobol, etc.
>
> The question is not do you want/use RPG.  The question is "do
> you use SEU".  If you use SEU, then you should look at Code/400.
>
> If you use a proprietary editor that is imbedded in your Case
> tool (such as Synon), then Code/400 will not help you.
>
> Regards,
> Bob Crothers
> Cornerstone Communications

Bob,
        You are absolutely right.
        When I first started using the LPEX editor, it was with C. It
wasn't until later that I found out it was used with Code/400.
        I don't do enough CL to feel like Code/400 would be a good
purchase if that is the only coding you do on the 400. If you are using
any other language (including Java), the LPEX editor and other Code/400
tools will be valuable.

        I had considered correcting my own statements on this topic to
Dean, but I don't think this really matters to him.

Chris Rehm
Mr.AS400@ibm.net

How often can you afford to be unexpectedly out of business?
Get an AS/400.