>Hello all
>                   I am working with the conversion of Spooled Files to
>FFTDA and Distributing those Files using the
>SNDDST command.
>I have found some information in the OV/400 Programmers Guide
>However in order to finish my Programs, I want to be able to support any
>kind of Number of Lines and
> Characters per Line. There are some References to a publication "DOCUMENT
>INTERFACE ARCHITECTURE :
>FINAL FORM" GC23-0757 .. wich has been discontinued since 1975 ... My luck
>!!
>
>Can somebody help me with this problem?
>I want to stay with the SNDDST command ( I understand there is an
>alternative PRTDOC Option)
>
>The pgm requires a number of data streams with the control Information.
>
>Thanks for your Help
>
>Regards                                                    Jorge Moreno /
>Military Car Sales / Woodbury / NY
>                                                                      Phone
>(516)  921  2800  X 1741
>
>E-Mail:   jmoreno@militarycars.com

How strange--  -=I'M=- working on the same problem!  (:

I don't have the manual either.

The document as defined in the OV/400 manual is defined on 'EasyRead'
forms--  8-1/2 tall x 14-7/8 wide.  Most standard 'GreenBar' reports will
fit on that size paper.  The End-Of-Page will also fit...

Our receipients will be via The Internet; I'm hoping they want to -keep-
the data in machine readable form.

Have you tested printing 'as coded?'  It's easy to compile the programs:
Just copy them from the CD to your PDM session and compile!  (:

The example is interesting:  IBM chose COBOL just to prove it could be
done.  !:

I played around with OV/400 documents way back when... the basic format is
random length records in a fixed length file (pretty much like a spooled
file).  Assorted parameters are inserted at the beginning of a record for
control of line spacing, font changes, etc.

--Paul E Musselman
PaulMmn@ix.netcom.com