  • Subject: Re: Client Access as/400 to pc file transfer
  • From: Richard Baird <rbbaird@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 10:06:45 -0500

Neil Palmer wrote:

> Do a DSPFD on your QRPGSRC file - look for CCSID.  If it's 65535 it
> means 'Hexadecimal - No translation to be done'.  If you can, do a CHGPF
> to your correct CCSID (probably 037 - but check one of the files that
> DOES download OK).

That did it.  (37).

> If you can't change your files CCSID for some reason,

I couldn't change it, it said that the file had been created with a
"specific" ccsid.  The default for the crtsrcpf command was *JOB.
Pretty specific huh?  I created a new one, copied all source and
delete/renamed.  works fine now.

> read the README
> files included with CA/400 service packs where the CCSID translation
> problem/feature (  :-)   )   is discussed, and the cwbtfr.ini workaround
> - which is basically to put a file called cwbtfr.ini in c:\windows
> containing:

some feature.  when was the last client access refresh released.  maybe
I should get it, so that it'll fix some of the problems and introduce
more :)

Thanks again,  and thanks to Pete too!

rick