  • Subject: Re: Strpasthr failed!
  • From: "Jeffrey M. Carey" <jeffreycarey@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 10:55:44 -0600

Try this:
WRKCFGSTS CFGTYPE(*DEV) CFGD(*LOC) RMTLOCNAME(other system)
If there is more than one varied on APPC deviuce pointing to the remote
system, pasthr will fail.

So if more than one dev copmes up, vary off all but the first one
(typically, this should be names for the remote system - the others will
be remotesystem00, 01, etc.)  If that one isn't active, vary it off and
on. Do this on both systems until you have one (and only one) matched
pair of APPC controllers active.

If this doesn't work, try deleting the ctl on one system - make sure the
LINE (as someone on the list properly corrected me) is set to autocfg
appc ctl.  Varying on the ctl on the remote system should then cause the
local system to recreate the ctl.

As a last ditch effort (really last ditch, if ALL else fails) , is have
sysval QAUTOCFG on, delete the lines on both systems & IPL.  This will
create everything fresh, but might break other connections, as autocfg
has been known to make mistakes once in a while.  You might want to go
into SST and just IPL the IOP the LAN line is attached to instead of a
full IPL - it depends on how much other stuff you have attached that
might be messed up by autocfg.