  • Subject: Re[2]: Parms & CGI Programming
  • From: Carol.Collins@xxxxxxxxxxx (Carol Collins)
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 14:07:00 -0600

     Michael,

>Thanks for answering. I am using an RPG ILE program and tried to retrieve the
>Query_String using the GetEnv api but nothing comes back. Am I maybe missing
>something in the html for the page the link is on? An instructor at the Boston
>Common said you can pass parms by doing something like
>http://-----PGMA.PGM?parm1+parm2 but i never got what you have to do to receive
>this in a program. Any Thoughts?

>Thanks in Advance

     Ooh!  Now I have to make it sound like I know what I am talking about
     . . .  Could it be that the Net.data macro is the piece of the puzzle
     you are missing?  I actually played around with this stuff until it
     worked.  So I will try to show my simple example.  I am RPG ignorant,
     however.  I wrote my program in ILE C instead.

     First of all, I have a link on a web page, which looks like this:

     http://hdl/cgi-bin/db2www/web/macros/dril1/cmd1?WBS1=01&WLEV=2&TOC=999
     99&TLEV=1&DWN=W

     My Net.data macro, which is named 'dril1', looks like this:

     %FUNCTION(DTW_SYSTEM) sys1 (IN WBS1, IN WLEV, IN TOC, IN TLEV, IN DWN)
     {
           %EXEC {
              /QSYS.LIB/C40020.LIB/TEST6.PGM
           %}
         %}

         %HTML(cmd1) {
         <P>
         @sys1(WBS1, WLEV, TOC, TLEV, DWN)
         %}

     The macro runs the C program TEST6 in the library C40020.  Finally, the
     program contains the following pertinent statements, which pick up the
     environment variables WLEV and TLEV:

     #include <qp0z1170.h>

     int main(void) {

     char *wlev;
     char *tlev;

      wlev = getenv("WLEV");
      tlev = getenv("TLEV");

     .
     .
     .

     I hope this helps.  Please let me know if I need to clarify something.

  -- Carol

  |    Carol Collins   Sr. Network Administrator                          |
  |                    WASTREN  /  Holmes and Narver Services, Inc.       |
  |                    2597 B-3/4 Road                                    |
  |                    Grand Junction, CO  81503                          |
  |                    U.S. Dept of Energy  Grand Junction Office         |
  |    Internet:       Carol.Collins@doegjpo.com                          |
  |    Phone   :       (970) 248-6524                                     |