At 17:00 97/9/10 +0200, you wrote:
>Actually, thats norwegian. In swedish it's:
>tack så mycket
>
>The "å" is responsible for much truble. We have 3 extra characters in
>the swedish alphabet, and every time we upgrade a product we get at
>least one severe error due to these characters.
>
>/Joakim

Fellow-midrangers,

I'm working in the head office from a distribution company with branches
all over Europe.

We've currently setup a connection between our AS/400 and the PC-network
from our branch in Sweden.
The branch is connected to us with SNA-server and uses RUMBA to logon to
our system.
W're running a F50 with V2R3 ( no, this isn't a typo ).
Later this year w're going to upgrade to a RISC-machine. The model is not
yet decided.
I don't know the exact configuration from our branch.

The whole idea is that the people in Sweden are going to enter orders on
our machine and add new client information as well.
This client information should go directly into our central client-DBF.
They must be able to use ( and see) the special Swedish characters. ( we
are in multi language )
It is not a must that the people at our end sees these Swedish characters
correctly.

Once the order is confirmed at our end, it must be printed with these
Swedish characters.
We're using Xerox 4517/4220/4230 printers with XGF.
According to the analyst from Xerox, there should be no problem in doing so.
It's not that I don't trust the Xerox-people, but on other occasions they
also said "no problem".
At the end it turned out be a "hell of a problem".

Any idea's or thoughts concerning the data input and printing is greatly
appreciated.

TIA

Chris