  • Subject: RE: VRPG And/Or Java
  • From: Scott Johnson <sjohnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 1997 13:16:51 -0500

Bob,
I would like to comment on your statement about VA/RPG (noted below by >>).

VA/RPG is RPG IV, both compilers are being kept in synch as must as possible.
It has built-in functions and you can do procedures under it, I have done them.
Only a few opcodes are not available.  And there are new opcodes to handle the
GUI stuff.

Maybe I am just mis-understanding your statement...

--  My Two Cents Worth
Scott P. Johnson                sjohnson@highsmith.com
Programmer/Analyst
Highsmith Inc.
W5527 Hwy 106, PO BOX 800
Fort Atkinson, WI 53538-0800
TEL:  920-563-9571              FAX:  920-563-7395