  • Subject: Re: Model 40S twinax device limit
  • From: Kirk Goins <kgoins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 1997 10:19:31 -0700

Lou Schmaus wrote:

> Just a quick question for the experts out there:
> What is the limit of twinax devices on a Model 40S?

SNIP SNIP

> Lou Schmaus
> Creative Computer Associates
> Parlin, NJ 08859
> lschmaus@home.com

Here is a cut from the Sales manual CD for the 40S

                          AS/400 Advanced Server - Model 40S Summary
           Processor Feature                     #2109   #2110   #2111
                                                  -----   -----
-----   -----
            Performance - CPW Values
             Client/Server Environment             27.0    33.3
59.8    87.3
             Interactive Environment                9.4    13.8
20.6    30.7
            Main Storage (MB)
             Minimum                                 32      32
64      64
             Maximum                                224     224
512     512
            DASD Capacity
               Base (GB)                           1.96    1.96
1.96    1.96
               Maximum (GB)                        50.3    50.3
50.3    50.3
            Communication Lines                    1-20    1-20
1-20    1-20
            LAN Adapters                            1-2     1-2
1-2     1-2
            Twinaxial Controllers                   0-1     0-1
0-1     0-1
            Maximum Twinaxial Workstations            7       7
7       7
            ASCII Controllers                       0-1     0-1
0-1     0-1
            Maximum ASCII Workstations                6       6
6       6
            Workstation Adapters
              (for LocalTalk)                       0-1     0-1
0-1     0-1
            Maximum LocalTalk Workstations           31      31
31      31
            Maximum Controllers (Twinaxial,
              ASCII and Workstation Adapter)          3       3
3       3
            1/4-Inch/8mm Cartridge Tape             0-4     0-4
0-4     0-4
            1/2-Inch Tape
             2440                                    -       -
-       -
             9348                                   0-4     0-4
0-4     0-4
             3XXX                                   0-2     0-2
0-2     0-2
            8mm Cartridge Tape (External)           0-4     0-4
0-4     0-4
            Diskette (8 or 5 1/4-Inch)              0-2     0-2
0-2     0-2
            Optical Libraries                       0-4     0-4
0-4     0-4
            Fax IOPs                                0-5     0-5
0-5     0-5

Kirk Goins
DecisionOne - Portland, OR
EMAIL kgoins@ix.netcom.com