Bob
your absolutely right. There are  three major reasons:

1 Minimize modifications/change to ensure a high success rate in minimum time
2 the RPG III  support for the data  type
3 Performance  concerns.

Net is is  also a double conversion  from RPG IIII [group] to  the  newer
versions.

 During the  Y2K conversions many are, and  lots more will be racing the
Clock to achieve business continuity at minimum.  Once  one realizes the
size of the  2000 marshmallow all that t  remains is to determine how fast
one cantuck the "BIG"  thing way in time without going  broke.

Glenn
Glenn Ericson,          Phoenix Consulting
P O Box 701164   East Elmhurst NY 11370-3164 USA
Ph. 718 898 9805         Fx. 718 446 1150
AS/400 & Year 2000- - Solutions  © 1997copyright,  all rights reserved