  • Subject: Re: Leased Line checking?
  • From: Embassy301@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 1997 11:51:24 -0400 (EDT)

<< Hello all:
 I am wondering if someone knows a simple way we can check the quality of
 our own AT&T Leased Line that we use for 2 of our remote sites? (our
 modems do not do this easily) Many times we will experience problems
 with our remote sites and we will take a great deal of pains to check
 everything else but the line first.  Then we will have someone at
 Bell/AT&T check the line... they'll say the line is up to spec... but
 then the problem mysteriously goes away AFTER they've checked it.  Anyt
 suggestions are appreciated!
 Thanks in adavnce!
 --
 /=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/=/
  Tim Truax

Hi Tim,

We use the IBM 5865-2 modems that have easy to use quality tests built in.
 However, we've experienced similar problems using Sprint for our leased line
access.  Just recently a remote site went down.  Sprint checked the line and
found no problem.  The hardware was working ok.  We called backed later to
have them check it again and the line came back up even though they said
there was no problem.  Somehow when they check the line it must perform some
type of conditioning on it.  Just my guess.

Sorry, I couldn't really help you.  Good Luck.

David Lipshaw