Short term contract opportunity for an experienced System i CA:2E and CA:Plex application developer. The job is to develop multiple interfaces between a food distribution enterprise application and two retail end user components. The first is a component hosted on an iPad and the other is a component hosted by a Java Web application server.
We would prefer that you be located within reasonable driving distance of one of the following cities: Wilmington DE, Temple TX, or Augusta ME. Although these are our preferred locations for this particular position, remote development is an option for those with the right skills and the right work ethic.
What you need for this position
· Minimum Education: Bachelor of Science
· Required Knowledge: CA:2E, CA:Plex, RPG/ILE, CL/400
· Useful Knowledge: IFS, Eclipse (WDSC, Rational Developer, etc), FTP, IFS/400, JIRA, Aldon, Confluence
· Experience: Four years minimum experience with System i technology (iSeries, AS/400, etc) experience. Two years minimum experience in the skills listed as Required Knowledge.
· Good communication skills.
· Ability to self-manage and track your time against activities.
· Ability to provide clear and well organized documentation as requested.
· Develop several 2E, Plex, RPG/ILE, and CL programs that extract information from a database or hook into a transaction which will write required information to an IFS based transaction file.
· Insure effective and well performing application interfaces.
· Perform system testing and debugging where needed to insure the delivery of a quality product.
· Enter work activities and time sheet information into JIRA (or other timesheet system as requested).
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2021 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact
Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.