Can I make a suggestion? Why not just ask IBM for the interface information?
Scattered throughout the Information Center is the following:

-----------------------------
Licensees of this program who wish to have information about it for the
purpose of enabling: (i) the exchange of information between independently
created programs and other programs (including this one) and (ii) the mutual
use of the information which has been exchanged, should contact:

IBM Corporation
Software Interoperability Coordinator, Department YBWA
3605 Highway 52 N
Rochester, MN 55901
U.S.A.

Such information may be available, subject to appropriate terms and
conditions, including in some cases, payment of a fee.
The licensed program described in this information and all licensed material
available for it are provided by IBM under terms of the IBM Customer
Agreement, IBM International Program License Agreement, IBM License
Agreement for Machine Code, or any equivalent agreement between us
--------------------------------

where "this program" refers to, among others, the i operating system. I
would suggest asking IBM for interface information related to common data
management, enabling the exchange of information between independently
created programs and other programs (including this one).
One "independently created program" would be yours, the other the i
operating system. Specifically you desire the interface information related
to *START processing.

Right now it appears to me that you are looking to put into production code
where you have no documentation and are just trying this and that to get it
to work. If you get it to work you won't know how much is just luck, what
dependencies your code has, or where to go if the code starts failing the
day after it's put into production. This is an approach I personally would
never take. And while I'm no lawyer, it strikes me that some might view your
approach as being in violation of the license agreement for WDS and the RPG
compiler options. It seems like you're rather closely examing the generated
code to determine its internal workings. Much better in my mind is to,
again, ask IBM for the interface information necessary to accomplish your
task when working with i common data management.

If you do contact the Software Interoperability Coordinator, I would suggest
changing the department number from YBWA to GJC. I suspect your note would
get to the right person faster that way :)

I hope this helps,
Bruce