The internal search function is temporarily non-functional. The current search engine is no longer viable and we are researching alternatives.
As a stop gap measure, we are using Google's custom search engine service.
If you know of an easy to use, open source, search engine ... please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The pointer stored in the DMEPT has to come from the *SEPT, so
just update the QINSEPT before the file is opened. I would make the
intercept program a CLP that does nothing more than a TFRCTL to the
OS DB program, in order to avoid impacting any other work that must
be done while debugging. Or after the open, but before the I\O
request, the DM EPT could be updated in the ODP.
Hack the QINSEPT?!? On a production box?!? Uh, even if I knew how (I had
to read the aforementioned tutorial from Leif, just to know how to dump
it!), it's not something I'd care to risk.
Hacking the ODP would be a little more reasonable, IF I had the
slightest idea how to do that in an ILE program.
The first recompilation only yielded a few ideas that DIDN'T work:
If I changed the option list on a .DMCGETD (RPG SETLL) to "Read First,"
the program crashed.
If I set the target RRN to zero or a negative value, the OPM RPG test
got nothing, and the MI app got the known-excluded first record.
But I've got another recompilation cooking right now (it just finished,
but I've been off-duty for 5 minutes already!), for tomorrow morning,
that's got the option list for .DMCGET (RPG READ) opened up for
manipulation in the debugger.
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2022 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact
Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.