It's not in a different job. I'm sure of that. I'd look at what happens
exactly when it tries to create the user space. I don't recall it, but
see if the calling convention has changed for QUSCRTUS in the last 15
years or so. That's about how old that code is. You should have all the
source, by the way. If you don't, and you'd like to have it, let me
know, and I'll get it to you. There's no reason it shouldn't work. It's
an old RPG3 program that just loads a source member into a temporary
user space, then calls QPRCRTPG with options that support the available
(circa early '90s) compile options.

Pete Hall
pbhall@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://pbhall.us

James H. H. Lampert wrote:
"Fabio Melisurgo" <330343088@xxxxxx> wrote:

I Peteh,I created the qir library on my I5 v5r3 AS400,
but when I use the CRTIRPGM CMD it shows this error
message :

Non trovato l'oggetto PRMSPC nella libreria QTEMP.
in english:
not able to try the obj PRMSPC in QTEMP .

To the best of my knowledge, all command-line-usable MI
compilers that can operate in user state are either
front-ends for the QPRCRTPG API (which, for some reason,
expects to find the source in a *USRSPC). The one we use
at Touchtone is an elaboration of the old PL/I example
from the V2R3 API manual, created back when we were on a
beta-test version of OS/400, and could install and use
compilers that weren't paid-for (and PL/I hadn't been
downgraded to PRPQ status). I glanced at the current
example, years ago (mainly out of curiosity about how a
QPRCRTPG front-end was supposed to work in a language
other than PL/I), but all I remember is that it seemed
overly complicated.

At any rate, the error message suggests to me that
somehow, whatever is supposed to be creating a *USRSPC in
QTEMP, then stuffing the source code into that *USRSPC,
isn't working (more specifically, that it's failing to
create the *USRSPC). Or that somehow, this process is
happening in a different job from the one that's feeding
the *USRSPC into QPRCRTPG.

--
JHHL