"Fabio Melisurgo" <330343088@xxxxxx> wrote:

I Peteh,I created the qir library on my I5 v5r3 AS400, but when I use the CRTIRPGM CMD it shows this error message :

Non trovato l'oggetto PRMSPC nella libreria QTEMP.
in english:
not able to try the obj PRMSPC in QTEMP .

To the best of my knowledge, all command-line-usable MI compilers that can operate in user state are either front-ends for the QPRCRTPG API (which, for some reason, expects to find the source in a *USRSPC). The one we use at Touchtone is an elaboration of the old PL/I example from the V2R3 API manual, created back when we were on a beta-test version of OS/400, and could install and use compilers that weren't paid-for (and PL/I hadn't been downgraded to PRPQ status). I glanced at the current example, years ago (mainly out of curiosity about how a QPRCRTPG front-end was supposed to work in a language other than PL/I), but all I remember is that it seemed overly complicated.

At any rate, the error message suggests to me that somehow, whatever is supposed to be creating a *USRSPC in QTEMP, then stuffing the source code into that *USRSPC, isn't working (more specifically, that it's failing to create the *USRSPC). Or that somehow, this process is happening in a different job from the one that's feeding the *USRSPC into QPRCRTPG.

--
JHHL