There is no support, using standard data management, to open a file
containing LOB data and then be able to access the LOB data by way of a
read operation. This support is only provided using SQL interfaces.

Bruce Vining

Allen Hartley <hartley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: mi400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
05/18/2007 06:02 PM
Please respond to
MI Programming on the AS400 / iSeries <mi400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

MI400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[MI400] Updating a record containing a BLOB

I have a problem updating a file that contains a BLOB field. I open the
file that contains a BLOB and the data that is returned in the BLOB
field is a block of nulls followed by *POINTER instead of the actual
pointer value. The problem is when I update the record, it is being
updated with a null pointer. Is there any way to get around this other
than using SQL to do the update.

Allen Hartley

This thread ...