Thanks for having shared your thoughts to me. I will consider the *OUTFILE approach because it seems to be the better solution. But honestly there is no need for it right now because usually all our iSeries' are at security level 30. The one that caused the trouble was at security level 40 by accident. it will be IPL'ed this night.

Again, thanks to all who contributed to this thread.

I hope that I can give it back to you some times.

Thomas Raddatz.

Rory Hewitt schrieb:
Thomas Raddatz wrote:

*OUTFILE is too slow because I have to randomly check for and manage
specific entries.

Thomas,

Unless you're frequently changing the actual entries  (by doing ADDBNDDIRE
and RMVBNDDIRE), you could write an RPG procedure (and wrap it in a service
program) to run the DSPPNDDIR to an OUTFILE and load that into an array,
keyed by entry name (hell, you could run it over *all* your *BNDDIR's and
put it into an array keyed on BNDDIR name and entry name or however you
want). Then you could call this procedure once at the beginning of your job
and then call a separate procedure to check in the array for a given entry.
Or load the array into a user space, so you only call the load procedure
when you change any of your binding directories.

There's nothing wrong with MI, but RPG might be simpler, especially if you
go to a higher security level.

Just a thought :-)

Rory