 Here is one example:

    RUNQRY QRY(X/X) QRYFILE((Y/Y)) OUTTYPE(*OUTFILE) +
                      OUTFILE(A/B C *RPLMBR)

Or you can specify this in the *QRYDFN itself, e.g.: under "Select output type
and output form":

                          Define Database File Output

 Type choices, press Enter.
   (The printed definition shows the output file record layout.)

   File . . . . . . . . .   CHMOUTP        Name, F4 for list
     Library  . . . . . .     CHMDEMO      Name, F4 for list
   Member . . . . . . . .   *FILE          Name, *FIRST, *FILE, F4 for list

   Data in file . . . . .   1              1=New file, 2=Replace file
                                           3=New member, 4=Replace member
                                           5=Add to member

   For a new file:
     Authority  . . . . .   *USE           *LIBCRTAUT, authorization list name,
                                           *CHANGE, *ALL, *EXCLUDE, *USE

     Text . . . . . . . .   ChangeMaster Delete Older Versions output file
   Print definition . . .   N              Y=Yes, N=No

 F3=Exit          F4=Prompt        F5=Report          F10=Process/previous
 F12=Cancel       F13=Layout       F18=Files

Notice options 4 and 5 for "Data in file" above...

Hope that helps?