I know this is different countries, different regulations, but I think that
here in the states, financial institutions would not be allowed to do what
you are proposing to do nowadays.  The auditors would be swarming, and heads
would fall.

With all due respect, Suharto, given your description of the state of your
company's source control, I'm glad I'm not a customer of any of those 30+
banks you support.  You mention a need to "keep the system integrity", but I
would argue that it's already lost.

I think you can see the kind of damage that could be wrought if this tool
was used incorrectly or was used by someone with malicious intentions.

On a related side note:  Have you thought about a simple utility to save a
source member (or group of members) in a save file, and restore it to the
library that you want the source member to be in?  If I recall correctly,
this will result in the restored member having a new creation timestamp, but
the modification timestamp will be the same as for the member that was
saved.

- Dan