From: mi400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:mi400-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Ted Slate
Sent: Wednesday, February 15, 2006 8:17 AM
To: mi400@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [MI400] Patched Programs - Yet another spin

<<"In V5R4," Uehling says, "we've enhanced the protection capabilities on
our objects that make it much, much stronger from the protection capability
standpoint. A program that's written by a user and then hacked or patched
cannot get access to our objects. That's the bottom line.">>

who is Uehling?

Does this mean an RPG program that has its PPC patched to branch to PPC code
in a user space will no longer run?  That is, when the patched RPG program
calls another RPG program, will that call fail because a patched program
cannot use system functions like database I/O and program calls?

-Steve