Hi,

I've a question. I need a program which will look into memory and search
for a variable name and then retrieve value of this variable.
I know that there is an API QTERTVPV, but I must be in debug mode etc,
etc ...
Then I searched for similar topic here in list, I found something. So I
created a program which searched in stack for the program, and
then calls MATACTAT MI instruction to look into a static storage of the
program.
The first problem is that I really see only the static storage of the
program, what means that there are only constants.
The second problem is, that this MATACTAT shows me only storage for ILE
programs, that means I wrote this program in C,
so I can see the storage of my own program and then a tried to call this
program from ILE CL and I can see the storage from the CL program and C,

but when I try to look for the storage of other non ILE programs in
stack I got MCH4422 error message?

The question is, is this possible to write a program which looks for
values of variables of other programs in memory (in the same Job) and
will not make differences between ILE or OPM?

Thanks peter