I am trying to read odt headers and match them to the symbol table (this is based on your IRP0-3, Dave McKenzie) and with the symbol structure header x'00',x'40',x'80' and x'c0' information that Gene Gaunt provided, I can match symbols to odt with the exception of *ENTRY, as close as i can remember it shows as an address 0001 C0 06 *ENTRY 00000A0A this last A0A changing depending on some other things that don't have a clear connection. The odt header is like 0020 2801. In trivial programs it seems that i can just match symbol to odt definition 1 for 1 in rrn order. However,
the RPG compiler inserts .(dot) symbols while QPRCRTPG does not (at least under v3r2m0 in cisc),
that is:

DCL CON .cERR CHAR(08)  INIT('*ERR       ') ;
will not show in a symbol table created by QPRCRTPG
so rrn doesn't work.........

but I am not fleet of wetware and although looking at my file I see what should and should not be hooked together sym/odt that is, my synaptic snafu has not found the algorithm to attach same to same. However, it must be reasonably doable since others have done it and IBM can debug from it.

I am very obviously trying to build a RTVMISRC but what a colossal chore for the plodding mind.

Gene the MATPG under risc is informative but different in nature than the current symbol table layout under QPRCRTPG that I am using, thusly:

behind the symbol name are 4 char and only 4 char

DCL statements get FFFFFFFF
Branch point gets 40404040 (with exception)

the *entry gets a number i.e 00000A0A
and in this case:

BP_RTX:      ;
RTX *          ;

the bp with the RTX gets a number i.e. 00000053
but my big issue is hooking symbol *ENTRY to its odt header.

thanks all,
Ron