Thanks to all.

I know that's not the "right way" to "internationalize". My goal is to build
a tool to help internationalization of "old" application. Those applications
that wheren't designed whith globalization in mind... and they are a lot. In
europe ther is a growing demand for translating tools as more and more
countries become part of the EC (European Community).

Some years ago we made a very efficient tool to gather strings from objects
into a "repository" to help human translators doing their job. (this tool
works in three steps : 1-strings extraction, 2-human translation, 3-building
of identical but translated objects)

We chose to work at object level because it is hll independant, we just have
to deal with MI template (we use QSCMATPG/QSCCRTPG) : ODV, OES ... It works
for CLP, RPG, COBOL, PLI, Basic, etc
That's the reason why we would like to do the same for ILE pgm.
I agree that's the "right" way should be to externalize strings into MSGF,
file ..., but lots of ILE programs are OPM converted program (and sometimes
from RPG II, not only RPG/400 !) and they are still with lots of
"translation eligible" strings in CTarray, constants, MOVEs ...
It's not always easy to change hundreds or thousands of programs when a
company opens an office in a foreign country, with shorts time-limits.

When I first saw "LITERAL POOL" into module objects I hoped ILE was designed
to change easily strings (API ...).

Now I'm looking for a way to change those strings during the module creation
phase. I remember the way we use to "switch" the CLP compiler into MI
compiler on S/38, and I'm sure it's possible.
Unless there is an "official way".

Hope I'm understandable, my english is still very poor :-(

Penasse Jean-Michel
EXPERIA Europe
www.experia.com