If by "resolved" you mean that the msg text is filled in, yes, I think the
dspjoblog pgm gets it from the *msgf when you display the joblog.

If you write a msg from your own *msgf (not QCPFMSG) then delete the *msgf,
you'll see "Message file not found" instead of the text.  Then if you
recreate the *msgf, the text for that same msg will magically reappear.

--Dave