I've managed to successfully open and read some test files containing
BLOBs, CLOBs, and datalinks. The datalink test field even shows the URL
I'd poked into the field from the SQuirreL SQL client (albeit with a few
other things). And, wonder of wonders, the UFCB options to allow the files
to open don't appear to interfere with access to files not containing such
fields. (Much nicer than nullmaps!)

BUT

1. If I try to actually write to one of these files from MI, I get a
type-14 data mapping error, and
2. The 32 bytes that show up in the buffer for the CLOB field consist only
of a block of hex zeroes, followed by "*POINTER," and a few EBCDIC spaces.
Would anybody happen to know where I should look for the CLOB contents?
(From recent traffic on the Java400 list, I kind of gather that it's
somewhere in the IFS, but I haven't much of an idea where to look, and the
aforementioned 32 bytes are singularly unhelpful in pointing me in the
right direction.

Does anybody have any suggestions? Nothing urgent about this project, though.

--
JHHL