Hi,

        I have a problem in SNTP Client, I am trying to sync the time
with Windows2000 server. I tried changing the   QUTCOFFSET system value
and then starting the TCPSVR *NTP, and also tried changing CHGNTPA
values. But the same    error is coming showing the time difference of
UTC. Please advice as to how I can proceed to Synchronize the time
between windows2000 server and AS400.

        Thanking you in advance

Regards

Manju

1.      On server side the windows time services is enabled on the the
server.

2.      On AS400 side

AS400 version V5R1 model 720 and the machines are in different segments
but on the same network.
---------------------
                                CHGNTPA IS

Remote system  . . . . . . . . .   'servername.domain.com'

Autostart  . . . . . . . . . . .   *YES          *SAME, *NO, *YES
Poll interval  . . . . . . . . .   60            1-1440 minutes, *SAME
Minimum adjustment . . . . . . .   300           20-300000
milliseconds...
Maximum adjustment . . . . . . .   20            5-30 minutes, *SAME
Activity log . . . . . . . . . .   *POLL         *SAME, *NONE, *CHANGE,
*POLL

-----------------------

                             Display System Value

System value . . . . . :   QUTCOFFSET
Description  . . . . . :   Coordinated universal time offset

Offset . . . . . . . . :   -00:00     -24:00 to +24:00
----------------------

When I start the TCPSVR  *NTP I am getting the following error message
please help.

-------------------------
Additional Message Information
Message ID . . . . . . : TCP9138 Severity . . . . . . . : 40
Message type . . . . . : Diagnostic
Date sent . . . . . . : 07/22/03 Time sent . . . . . . : 12:57:19
Message . . . . : The maximum adjustment threshold for the SNTP Client
has
been exceeded, SNTP clock is not set.
Cause . . . . . : The software clock UTC time is 07/22/03 12:57:18. The
NTP
server UTC time is 07/22/03 7:33:39. The difference in time between the
2
clocks is -323 minutes. The maximum allowed time adjustment is 30
minutes.
Recovery . . . : If the time difference between the 2 clocks is less
than
30 minutes, Use CHGNTPA to set the MAXADJUST to a value greater than the
difference between the 2 clocks. If the time difference between the 2
clocks
is greater than 30 minutes, use WRKSYSVAL to make sure QTIME and QDATE
are
set correctly. Make sure QUTCOFFSET is also set correctly. Daylight
savings time changes may cause the values to be incorrectly set.