From: "Harry Williams" <planesmart@teleteam.net>
To: "Mi400" <mi400@midrange.com>
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2002 12:58 AM
Subject: [MI400] Checking if a program is active

I know someone has a trick to see if a program is active.  I assume I can
list all the active jobs and look, but in the past I remember that we could
do something like rename the program to itself, and we would get an error if
it was in use.  This does not seem to work now.

There is a IBM Journal program which keeps dying, and I wanted to keep it
going until IBM fixes it.

Thanks
Harry