Richard,

Every spool file on your system is uniquely described by five
attributes:

- File Name  (QPRINT etc.)
- Job  (further divided below)
        - Job name
        - User
        - Job Number
- Spool Number

Your utility should grab enough of the information above to uniquely
identify the spool file to be converted and then process it.  It is
possible that you have a utility which was written prior to V5, when the
spool number was enlarged.  Is this a likely scenario?

Can you give information about your release level and possibly some
detailed error messages from your job log?

(Buck is right; your question more appropriately belongs on Midrange-L,
not the MI list.)

I don't believe there is any way to change the identifying
characteristics of a spool file.  There is a good chance that you need
to update your utility or modify its parameter inputs.

How does your utility interface to the system?

Regards,
Andy Nolen-Parkhouse

Behalf