Dear Sirs:

What are you really trying to accomplish, to "reverse engineer" some
program that you do not have source code for?  If this is a part of a
vendor product or package, you might not have any legal rights to
"disassemble" or "reverse engineer" it; refer to your vendor software
license agreement.

If this is an older program written in, say, RPG/400 or COBOL/400
(which generates MI source that gets turned into RISC code), and
it is application code that was written by your company, or was from
a vendor that is long since "out of business", then you might be
permitted to "recover" the source code for these program, and if you
still have "observability" (the MI template), you should check out:
www.sourceretrieval.com -- they sell "decompiler" tools to recover
RPG/400 or COBOL/400 source code from the MI template, using
pattern-matching techniques. (For any given RPG opcode, the older
RPG/400 compiler pretty much always generated the same sequence
of MI instructions, with only minor variations.)

If it was originally RPG/400 but you do not have observability, but
only the compiled program object, you can still try contacting the
folks at SourceRetrieval Inc., as they have a "service" where they
can recover RPG/400 source from "non-observable" programs,
(but of course many of the variables will have "generated" names).
See their web site for details and sample code.

Good luck.

Mark S. Waterbury