| Behalf Of Leif Svalgaard
|
| they did :-)

Yeah, yeah, yeah...  No sense in false modesty...!  I sincerely bow to the
Master...!!!

(But, btw, any luck with sharing *EXCL locks...? ;-D)

(Switching gears, geer-haids!)

Seriously.

(Somewhat longer post than usual for this forum, incoming...)

I had thought about posting this question about 6 months ago, but never got
"a round tuit".

===> Is it POSSIBLE to make the iSeries "hack-proof".

I know it is theoretically IMPOSSIBLE, because for every security measure
there is a hacker capable of breaking it, with enough time and resources.

But from a practical standpoint...?

Could a 400 securely store.. say.. voting results...?

(Lief, You posted a comment on the Non-Tech list that implied, to me anyway,
that it may be possible to packetize bits and semi-randomly send them across
different paths.  To essentially make the transmission process not possible
to intercept...  (Perhaps even with a Carnivore-like apparatus in place?)

So I was wondering about the back-end.  Afaik, the FAST400-type software is
the only successful (what-could-be-termed-as) "virus" that has run (and may
still be running, afaik) on a 400.

CAN these kinds-a software be prevented...?

Perhaps this is a better discussion for the Non-Tech list?

And/or the M-L Security List, which I don't recall whether is an invite-only
list, or not.