Is anyone using Leif's MIFHASH MI program?  Or the example he provides in
Chapter 13?

The MIFHASH program's parameters *appear* to be:
  1) Input File Name
  2) Input File's Library
  3) Output File Name
  4) Output File's Library
  5) Returned File name & 40-byte hash value
There appears to be no parameter for a member name, although there is a
reference to a member name in the program.  Also, what is the Output file
used for?  Is it encrypted?

It would almost appear that the MIFHASH program is meant to be used on data
files, defaulting to MBR(*FIRST).  But it seems to restrict the length of a
record to 132, so it would be of limited use.

I added a sixth parameter for input file's member name, and added that to
the OPEN.  Unfortunately, I got an error I was unable to decipher:

Message ID . . . :   MCH5601       Severity .  . . :   40
Message type . . :   Escape
Date sent  . . . :   05/09/02      Time sent   . . :   13:25:24

Message . . . . :   Template value not valid for instruction.
Cause . . . . . :   The location of the value is template  with an offset to
  field in bytes X'0000', an offset in field in bits X'0000', a length of
  field of 2, and an instruction operand number of 2.  The reason code is .
If
  the reason code is X'0000', a reason code may not be available.

- Dan Bale
(I am *NOT* "Dale"
http://archive.midrange.com/midrange-l/200105/msg00281.html )
SAMSA, Inc.