Thank you, Jon.  You have said what I basically wanted to say, but
didn't know exactly how.

The bottom line, folks, and I realize that some may disagree, but if IBM
is forced to raise prices in order to maintain revenue because of CFINT
"cheater" apps like FAST400 (assuming they become popular), who do you
think is going to be hurt?  IMO, the entire AS/400 community is at risk,
because IBM will lose its customers at the low-to-middle end because the
iSeries systems they need will become priced uncompetitively.  In the
end, if IBM does nothing to stop CFINT cheater apps, the iSeries will
die off.

What about the so-called IBM-blessed CFINT killer that we know as
client-server (aka Joe Pluta's solution, as one example)?  Maybe the
cost to IBM is having to support 5250, and maybe that is a huge cost
that can be shed when 5250 ceasts to exist.  Even if that is not a
reasonable statement, IBM has made it clear what the future is and is
not.  C/S is the future and 5250 is not.

Dan Bale
IT - AS/400
Handleman Company
248-362-4400  Ext. 4952