From: Joe Pluta <joepluta@PlutaBrothers.com>
> > From: Jon Paris
> > This is getting so far off the MI topic that this will be my last
> > post but I couldn't let this pass.
> My last post, too.

mine too (unless a tecnical question comes up)

> > in the current pricing structure, but unlike many people here I actually
> > recognize that IBM needs to make a profit!
>
> Even though I'm actually in the business of removing the CFINT penalty (one
> of my COMMON sessions is "Repealing the Interactive Tax", which title I'm
> sure irks you, Jon <grin>), I do recognize the reality of the situation as
> well.
>
> Eventually (again, hopefully), we'll all move to a client/server paradigm
> and start taking advantage of the strengths of the iSeries as a server.
> Once the iSeries sheds it green-screen dinosaur image and is recognized as
> true server platform, then odds are it will take its rightful place in the
> server world and we won't have to worry about its future.  But until then,
> IBM needs to nudge us along the client/server path, and CFINT is one way to
> do that.

Joe and Jon, there is a problem here. If EVERYONE went with Joe's
solution, CFINT would not be the cashcow that provides the profit IBM
needs, so:
*once green screens are gone, IBM's profit is gone*.

Can this really be what IBM wants? I don't think so.
Therefore I surmise that the CFINT rip-off is NOT vital to IBM
although it is nice to have.