For your information -

In v5r1 several new algorithms were added under the CIPHER MI instruction,
which now supports the following:

DES - Functions: encrypt, decrypt, MAC.  Key: 56-bit. Modes: ECB, CBC,
OFB, CFB 1-bit, CFB 8-bit, CFB64-bit.  Padding. Requires installation of
AC2 or AC3 LP.

TDES - Functions: encrypt, decrypt, MAC.  Key: 56-bit, 112-bit, 168-bit.
Modes: ECB, CBC, OFB, CFB 1-bit, CFB 8-bit, CFB64-bit.  Padding. Requires
installation of AC2 (56-bit key - equivalent to single DES) or AC3 LP.

RC4compatible - Functions: encrypt, decrypt. Key: 1-256 bytes.

AES - Functions: encrypt, decrypt, MAC.  Key: 128-bit. Modes: ECB, CBC.
Block size: 16, 24, 32 bytes.  Requires installation of AC3 LP.  Warning:
AES algorithm and modes are not yet approved standards and could change in
the future.

MD5 - Functions: hash, HMAC.

SHA1 - Functions: hash, HMAC.

crypt(3) - This is a string encryption algorithm used on UNIX systems for
password authentication.  It is based on DES.

pseudorandom number generator - Functions: generate numbers, add seed.
These functions are also available via 2 new APIs.  Uses FIPS 186-1
algorithm.  Collects seed automatically and will use a 4758 crypto card if
one is available on the system.

The QSYSINC/MIH.CIPHER header file has been updated to reflect these new
algorithms.

Beth Hagemeister
iSeries Cryptographic Services