  • Subject: Re: The search for the lost disk space
  • From: thomas@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 9 Feb 2001 17:52:00 -0800

Shahar:

You say you ran RTVDSKINF... but what does PRTDSKINF tell you? Are you saying
that the PRTDSKINF detail lines don't add up to the totals or that the details
don't match what you see with DSPSYSSTS?

When you run PRTDSKINF RPTTYPE(*SYS), what does it say about items such as
"Temporary space" and "Unused space"?

Tom Liotta

shahar mor wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Despite the age and white hair - i'm stucked :)
>
> My customer has machine with 70 GB of disk.
> Total of all objects size (retrieved via rtvdskinf and
> dspobjd *all and even dspusrprf *all) is 20 GB.
>
> The wrksyssts displays 90% utilization. It keeps
> growing every day and will go down to 30% after ipl
> (and regrowing after the ipl :))
>
> I wrote down a program to list all active jobs via
> qusljob and then get each job temporary storage via
> qusrjobi - the program found 5 more gb in temporary
> storage.
>
> Something is very wrong here but how can i spot what ?
>
> btw the system runs:
>
> * green screen application
> * vision solution for ha
> * client server stuff via odbc (200 QZDAOSINIT jobs
> active)
>
> Any advice on this issue will be appricieted
>

> =====
> Shahar mor
> consultant

The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe