• Subject: odd list object api behavior
  • From: edfishel@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 16:08:50 -0500
  • Importance: Normal

>I noticed today in an experiment that when using QUSLOBJ, the destination
>user space contained objects to which I was not authorized (as the user
>running the program) but that when I tried to retrieve the list entries,
>strange pointer errors occured.


This is because the QUSLOBJ API is behaving similar to the DSPLIB command.
Go to
 and look at the Information status field. When the field is set to "A" the
user does not have the specified authority to the listed object. I do not
know what is causing your strange pointer errors.

Ed Fishel,

| This is the MI Programmers Mailing List!
| To submit a new message, send your mail to MI400@midrange.com.
| To subscribe to this list send email to MI400-SUB@midrange.com.
| To unsubscribe from this list send email to MI400-UNSUB@midrange.com.
| Questions should be directed to the list owner/operator: dr2@cssas400.com

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

This thread ...


Follow On AppleNews
Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2022 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact [javascript protected email address].

Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.