• Subject: odd list object api behavior
  • From: brian <brian@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 23:53:47 -0500 (CDT)

I noticed today in an experiment that when using QUSLOBJ, the destination
user space contained objects to which I was not authorized (as the user
running the program) but that when I tried to retrieve the list entries,
strange pointer errors occured.

That is, if you write a program that uses QUSLOBJ to list *ALL/*ALL
*USRPRF and run it as a user with no special authorities, the API will
tell you that there are, say, 42 list entries (42 user profiles), although 
DSPOBJD and friends will show only a few: the objects to which you're
authorized.

It seems to me that you can read the standard list header of the user
space, but not the entries themselves.  Using SST to display the user
space reveals that the info is there, though.

I found this interesting.  I would appreciate comments.

+---
| This is the MI Programmers Mailing List!
| To submit a new message, send your mail to MI400@midrange.com.
| To subscribe to this list send email to MI400-SUB@midrange.com.
| To unsubscribe from this list send email to MI400-UNSUB@midrange.com.
| Questions should be directed to the list owner/operator: dr2@cssas400.com
+---

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

This thread ...


Follow On AppleNews
Return to Archive home page | Return to MIDRANGE.COM home page

This mailing list archive is Copyright 1997-2022 by midrange.com and David Gibbs as a compilation work. Use of the archive is restricted to research of a business or technical nature. Any other uses are prohibited. Full details are available on our policy page. If you have questions about this, please contact [javascript protected email address].

Operating expenses for this site are earned using the Amazon Associate program and Google Adsense.