  • Subject: Re: AS400 user password
  • From: "Jim Franz" <franz400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 09:27:57 -0400

I think we have lived too long with the security issues on the 400 (with
some, like the old, crackable DNS identified long ago). Groups like this
have done much to get IBM moving, but in security, it will take something
like CERTS advisories to truly keep their attention. The AIX group is
constantly responding to CERTS. I asked CERTS about 6 months ago why the 400
is not ever listed. The response was a long winded thing that said nothing,
but implied it took "vendor cooperation". Anyone have an idea how to make
this happen (if you agree it's a good idea)? BTW - I've never felt it was
IBM's Security Team as the problem - it's the management over them and the
allocation of resources between teams.
Jim Franz