Hi Marc,

I wrote a returned goods system for our company several years ago. We
were experiencing the same issues you spoke of. Sat down with Q.C. manger
and came up with the specs. Customer service enters in the returned goods
and issues the customer an RA#. This form is then e-mailed to the
customer and they send it back with the product(s). When the product
returns, Receiving takes it in thru this system and then the data flows
thru each division (Q.C. Inspection, Departmental Approvals, Accounting,
etc.). There are inquiries to show what stage each return good is in (i.e.
received, awaiting approval, completed). We store all info for a specfic
period of time for historical purposes and reporting.

Gail