The relevant section of the guidelines reads:

"Advertising products, repeated postings, etc, are strictly prohibited.
Also, if you have a solution that will specifically help another
participant, feel free to tell that person. And finally, if you are a
vendor, please identify yourself as such... do not try to pass yourself off
as a user of your own products (even if you are)."

The post below was in reply to a request for information, so it wasn't an
unsolicited ad. It was intended to help another participant. The
identification as a vendor was reasonably clear, although it could have been a
little more explicit. Paul didn't provide a list of features or a pitch that
everyone should use his product, only a statement that it might meet the OP's
requirements, some simple questions, and contact information. Overall, I think
it fits within the guidelines as given.

I realize that there are people who feel this list tolerates too much vendor
activity. If you would like to discuss changing the guidelines, I'm open to
discussion on the matter, either on or off list. Please feel free to
communicate your opinions.

Thanks.

Dave Shaw
MAPICS-L manager